- The cabin is situated on the "Southern Upland Way" walking and cycle route.
- Other nearby attractions include golf, fishing, bird watching and "Galloway Kite Trail" (a series of Red Kite viewing areas, walks and activites) .
The area is rich in wildlife.
- For days out visit:
- Visit Galloway Forest Park, Britian's first Dark Sky Park!
- Galloway Deer/Goat Park
- "Raiders Road"
- Drumlanrig Castle
- Bladnoch distillery, Wigtonshire
- Threave Gardens
- Beaches of the Solway Coast
- Castle Douglas - Galloway's Food Town
- Kirkcudbright - famous as "The Artists Town"
- Wigtown - The Book Town
- Dumfries and Ayr - Burns' country
- Boating and water skiing are available nearby on Loch Ken.
The area is ideal for a walking holiday (we are on the Southern upland way) or cycling, bird watching, fishing, golfing, photography etc.